Data management for the consumer goods industry
AUVESY-MDT serves a wide range of customers, all with the need to track and manage changes in their automation environment involving a range of devices including PLC, CNC, robots, drives and more. We have customers managing thousands of automation devices per site, and some with only a few devices.
Using versiondog or AutoSave, any user of automated equipment can be confident that the intellectual property in your automation layer is protected across your enterprise, helping to avoid risk regardless of the environment and device type so that you can quickly recover from hardware failures, mistakes, sabotage and other hazards.
- Ensuring the current released version
- More security and control in the coordination of suppliers
- Archive manager for long-term archiving of data
- Automatic documentation of all project data for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Dependable disaster recovery strategy
- Save time thanks to automatic backups
- Reduce downtime and wastage and prevent costly product callbacks
- Centrally-controlled automatic backup of process control systems
- Reduce costs by clearly organising and safeguarding data
- Replace laborious and unreliable manual systems with automatic change documentation
- Save time due to standardised documentation
- Documentation of even the smallest change to a project
- Simplify auditing with change history at the click of a
- Replace paper-based documentation systems
- End-to-end documentation of all manufacturing process
Our customer Stihl reports from the practice
STIHL significantly improves plant reliability with versiondog. In large, heavily-specialised production facilities, such as those belonging to STIHL, it is vital that both management and maintenance are able to keep track of all aspects of their production. Thanks to versiondog, time-consuming searches for data and documentation have long since become a thing of the past.
The kilns at Braas GmBh in Obergräfenhain are in operation 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Though clay bricks may be a very traditional product, their production lines are fully automated. Thanks to versiondog, the maintenance staff always have the latest data at hand.
A firefighting mentality is one where organizations are frantically rushing to solve unexpected problems, making impulsive decisions, and applying short term “band-aid” solutions to restore production as quickly as possible. Production plants are particularly susceptible to this mentality. Why? Plants are up against a wide variety of risks to productivity and product quality. Human error, equipment failure, cyber attack, and natural disaster all have the potential to cause significant downtime. When every minute of downtime can cost thousands, it is critical to resume production as quickly as possible.
Nevertheless, very few production plants are adequately prepared for worst-case scenarios or even everyday issues. A proactive approach to data management for automation could save time, money, and effort.
This white paper will discuss how better data management can transform your industrial automation for increased productivity with fewer problems. First, it will explore the causes and concerns of a reactive “firefighting” approach to maintenance in automation. Then, it will propose data management tools and best practices to help break these habits.