- Keep precise track of all changes made by vendors / external programmers
Management of standard program block library
...including usage list and detailed comparisons.
- Increase production quality and dependability
...if desired values and parameters deviate from tolerance
- Use preventive maintenance to avoid defective operation and minimise wastage
Complete change history
- Complete change history for all control software projects
- Ensure clarity and certainty in all production areas
- Detect unauthorised changes
- Significantly speed up troubleshooting
...all production line equipment, including PLCs, CNCs, HMIs, robots, drives, sensors, etc.
- Save time by eliminating the need for manual backups
- Reduce downtime
- Minimise loss of revenue due to production stoppages
- Save time with standardised documentation
- Simplify complex auditing tasks
- Generate audit trails at the click of a button
- Ease adherence to VDA 6.x
Our customer Thyssenkrupp reports from the practice
The Smart car may be small in size – however, as far as the reliability of its production processes is concerned, the city vehicle encompasses just as many demands as do larger vehicles. thyssenkrupp produces Smart vehi-cles at its Hambach (Moselle) factory, the maintenance department of which employs AUVESY-MDT's versiondog.
A firefighting mentality is one where organizations are frantically rushing to solve unexpected problems, making impulsive decisions, and applying short term “band-aid” solutions to restore production as quickly as possible. Production plants are particularly susceptible to this mentality. Why? Plants are up against a wide variety of risks to productivity and product quality. Human error, equipment failure, cyber attack, and natural disaster all have the potential to cause significant downtime. When every minute of downtime can cost thousands, it is critical to resume production as quickly as possible.
Nevertheless, very few production plants are adequately prepared for worst-case scenarios or even everyday issues. A proactive approach to data management for automation could save time, money, and effort.
This white paper will discuss how better data management can transform your industrial automation for increased productivity with fewer problems. First, it will explore the causes and concerns of a reactive “firefighting” approach to maintenance in automation. Then, it will propose data management tools and best practices to help break these habits.