Taking Command of Data in Increasingly Complex Industrial Operations
Growing numbers of industrial IoT devices and field devices are generating exponentially increasing streams of data to be monitored, processed, managed, and utilized. The resulting complexity is adding to challenges for operations managers and engineers trying to keep up with configuration and version management and backups; software and firmware updates; user authentication; and a lack of visibility across fragmented production environments.
In this FAQ you will find answers to these questions:
- Why do plant operators need a data management solution for industrial devices?
- Will industrial data management overlap and duplicate what companies are investing in IT?
- What are the essential elements of an industrial data management solution?
- What else can a data management platform accomplish?
- How will a data management platform improve compliance?
- How does plant data management impact cybersecurity?